New alpha release of Wrimini

I just released the latest version of Wrinini. There is not much changed in the front, except for the name field. It was added to make it easier to create issues on GitHub. It also helps to create articles more easily. The other change is that the app now authorizes with your default browser instead of the webview.

There were also a few bugfixes. If you share an url with text, which some apps do, Wrinini will now separate the text and url into their separate fields.

Tile38

I integrated Tile38 a bit in my weblog. It can post webhooks when a geoposition enters or exits a geofence. I'm still testing with this but get some results.

It works with the positions that my Android app posts to the weblog. This all works together with a bit of http, json and redis.

Microsub changes

Yesterday I made an improvement to support paging with ZADD and ZRANGEBYSCORE. This allows me to get range of entries based in the timestamp of the published date (converted to Unix timestamp). The problem is that the unread entries are still available in the list. It's hard to find the first unread entry in the list. That entry is the starting point of the list of entries for the first page of items.

I implemented the solution like this: keep two lists. One with all unread items and one with the read items. In principle an entry moves from one list to the other in a linear fashion, because that's the reading order. So now when there is no after or before argument the server can send the first twenty items of the list. The first and last item contain the next before and after values. Nice thing is that I now get unread count for free with ZCARD.

Changes for april 1

Today I fixed the files in the backend. Now all posts follow the current structure. All comments are placed under posts and not in the same directory. It took some time, but now it works great. This also allowed me to reindex all files and add missing properties to the older posts. At the same I actually removed all posts that were remove from the weblog.

Changes for March 29

Github issues and comments

Today I added better support for create Github issues and comments. I added a link to the posts, with a "in-reply-to" or "like-of" link to Github. The posts now points to Bridgy as well. To support this extra link I had to add better support for other links in the webmention job.

Changes on March 18

Data storage

I changed the way that the post are saved in the data backend. The backend is Redis and the ids of the posts were added to channel lists. That works great for a while. The list are sequential, which keeps the posts in order on the website. I changed to type of the channels to be sets. The advantage of this is that I can merge the sets of ids. The problem however is that sets don't have a sequential order. This can be solved with the SORT command. It sorts ids by a differents keys and also allows to limit the result. Both limits and sorting works this way.

Checkins

Next I made checkins work. I now use Own your swarm to send micropub posts to this blog. Now I can use the Swarm app to check-in to locations and have them send automatically to this blog. Then I improved the design of check-in posts. And added Mapbox to show the locations on the map.

Micropub for a static Neocities website

Includes information about a special authorization_endpoint specially for people who don't have their own website. They can login using a password.

Screenshot tool

This is a simple screenshot tool that I wrote to send screenshots to this weblog. It works by connecting gnome-screenshot, pinta and shpub.

#!/bin/bash
bkdest=$HOME/Desktop/Screenshots/
target=${bkdest}/$(date +%Y_%m_%d_%H_%M_%S).png
mkdir -p $bkdest
/usr/bin/gnome-screenshot -f $target -a
/usr/bin/pinta "$target"
MEDIA=`shpub -d -s $SHPUB_SERVER upload $target | tail -n 1`
shpub -d -s $SHPUB_SERVER note -c screenshots -f $MEDIA --json Screenshot

Load more